Things I Managed to Do

Through my thirst for escape, I found clarity

I managed to separate the fake from reality

I managed to cry in peace without company

I managed to delete all our photos together  

I managed to go to our favourite restaurant alone

I managed to recognise the tears before they came, and breathe through the pain

I managed to stop seeing your face every time I close my eyes

I managed to stop telling my friends all about you

I managed to delete the voice notes you left me, telling me you loved me

I managed to stop blaming myself

I managed to stop falling apart every time I put myself together

I have not managed to stop loving you.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Present. - Excuse my slight tantrum towards the end.

Interlude - A taste of my family background.

Santé Mentale